Wednesday 13 February 2013

FINAL PROJECT - PART 1 - PRE-PRODUCTION

For my final project we are using the Ball and Tail rig and the Digital Tutors rig to create a small scene where the two characters are involved with eachother in some way.

In order to come up with a story I first pitched some ideas to my peers. I then Storyboarded the best idea onto these sheets.

My idea involves my character walking along merrily, minding his own business, when suddenly a bouncing ball and tail comes into frame and pushes our character out the way. I had the idea that this character is very sensitive and emotionally frail so something as trivial as this would have a great effect on him and as a result he instantly changes his walk cycle to reflect this... he becomes grumpy and nonchalant. He then sulks off screen kicking dust as he goes.


Its a simple but effective idea that incorporates everything we need to demonstrate within this final project. Its crucial for me to apply the principles Ive learnt this term into the final film. For example, I want the audience to get the impression that the ball and tail is angry or in a rush just through the movement of the ball. Like, Im thinking of implementing what Ive learnt in the timing and spacing lessons; to have the ball bouncing quickly, key frame the ball with less frames so as to make the ball appear to move faster.

Who-What-Where-When and Why

When coming up with this idea it was important for the characters to have some-what of a backstory so as to add to the 'appeal' of the characters. We were asked to invent scenarios for our characters asking who they are, what they were doing in the scene, where it was taking place, when it was taking place and, most importantly, why it was happening. 

This idea is something I cannot wait to work on, I really want to implement what Ive learnt this term and apply it.

No comments:

Post a Comment